Yellowknife International Film Festival (YKIFF)
Volunteer Coordinator/Hospitality Support Job Description
Contract Start Date: October 17, 2022
Contract End Date: November 15th, 2022
The Volunteer Coordinator/Hospitality Support is responsible for the recruitment, management, and scheduling of up to 50 volunteers that assist various departments in making the Yellowknife International Film Festival (YKIFF) run smoothly.
Working closely with all departments, the Volunteer Coordinator/Hospitality Support will determine departmental needs and work closely with the Operations Manager to ensure that all deliverables are met on time, and executed with a high degree of professionalism.
Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team. Previous experience working in festivals, or fast paced environments is an asset; not a requirement. Must be available for the festival dates of November 2-6, 2022, and a few dates in advance of the festival.
- Recruit, organize, and manage volunteers
- Organize and communicate festival information to volunteers
- Create and manage a volunteer schedule; must be available to fill in where necessary
- Organize supplies for volunteers
- Assist staff in creating/updating volunteer manuals
- Provide volunteer training to volunteers before the festival
- Assist all departments with festival, and industry needs
- Other duties as required
Deadline to apply is September 1, 2022 at 12:00pm.