Western Arctic Moving Pictures Response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19):
Given the growing concerns and spread of the Coronavirus, WAMP is undertaking steps to proactively guard against contamination. As an organization, we take this situation very seriously and are prepared to adjust our operations accordingly in response to virus trends.
The health and safety of our staff and membership is important to us and while the NWT Chief Public Health Officer has stated that there are no confirmed cases of Coronavirus in the NWT, we are taking the following precautionary measures to prevent its spread.
Please visit the Government of the NWT website for pertinent information regarding COVID-19 in the NWT.
WHAT WAMP IS DOING:
- Our Gear Rental service will now be by telephone appointment only and orders will need to be submitted at least 5 days prior to pick up date, to ensure an adequate time frame for sanitizing returns.
- Equipment that is unaffected by alcohol-based cleaning solutions will be wiped down after every rental
- Equipment that can’t be wiped down using alcohol-based cleaning solutions, will have a 4-day “resting period” between rentals to neutralize any potential contamination
- Staff continues to adopt effective hygiene practices including frequent hand-washing, frequent cleaning of all hand-contact items (handles, surfaces, appliances, etc.), sneezing/coughing into an arm and away from people, avoiding physical contact (e.g. shaking hands)/close contact with people, and staying home if feeling sick. We ask the same from our members in return.
Moving forward, the time you are given for pick up and drop off is strict – though we have typically operated on a casual drop in basis over the years, we are needing to put the health of our staff and members first which means limiting the number and frequency of visitors. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation on this matter.
While we appreciate that any of these actions may be inconvenient for our members and partners, the health and safety of all is a priority for us. We will be providing updates as efforts or operations change as a result of the impact of COVID-19 in the NWT.
If you have any questions, please contact us by phone at (867) 766-2586 or email any department:
- Executive Director: Jeremy Emerson – email@example.com
- Hackspace: Davis Heslep – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rentals: Terry Woolf – email@example.com
- Office Administrator: Courtney McKiel – firstname.lastname@example.org