Deadline for submitting videos: 5:00 pm Sunday, September 13th, 2020Both band/musician and video crew get a sweet video!Registration fees
-Video team: WAMP membership fee (50$) *if not already paid
*Registration fees can be made by E-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
Payable before the competition starts
1st place : $500 cash + 500 WAMP credit
2nd place : $300 cash + 200 WAMP credit
3rd place: $250 WAMP credit
Audience Choice: TBD
Late submissions will be docked 1 point per minute to a maximum of 30 min.
– Use of stock footage is not permitted.
– Registration must be paid before the start time
Music Video Property Rights: Shared ownership (Band/Filmmaker(s)/WAMP). If any of these owners do not feel the product properly represents them, they have the right to refuse association and have their names removed from the final product after the contest is over.
NOTE FOR BANDS: In the case that there is an odd number of Musicians to Video Teams, bands that are not pulled in the draw can use their registration fee towards WAMP membership fee, rentals, or film festival tickets
GEAR RENTAL DEADLINES (for filmmakers): If you require any equipment rental from WAMP, the deadline to request is Wednesday, September 9th at 5 pm – please send your request directly to Terry (email@example.com). You must pick up before 5 pm on Friday, September 11th.
• Make a plan and use your time efficiently – 48 hours will fly right by.
• Be flexible.
• Be realistic
• Locations: 1 set used masterfully is better than 5 sets used poorly, and will save you time.
• Expect to spend 5 times longer editing than shooting
• Hard drives fail and programs crash – Save Your Work!
• You might never be satisfied with your cut. Better to be done than perfect.
• Once your rough cut is done, consider exporting a draft each time you want to take a break. That way you always have something ready to submit and won’t be scrambling at the finish line.