WAMP is accepting proposals for the Telefilm Micro-budget Production program 2017-18
Want to make your first feature film or narrative based web project? Do you have a script and innovative digital marketing and distribution plan? WAMP, in collaboration with Telefilm Canada wants your pitch!Telefilm Canada’s Micro-Budget Production Program targets emerging Canadian talent, supporting them in the production and promotion of their first feature-length film or narrative-based web projects of 75 minutes or more. The production program emphasizes the use of digital platforms for marketing, distribution and audience engagement.
Extended Deadline for proposals to WAMP is February 10th, 2017
Telefilm is offering up to $127,500 in non-repayable financial support for successful pitches and here is what you need to do:
To apply you need to be a WAMP member in good standing (for at least 3 months), be a resident of the NWT and not have produced a feature-length film before.
Key members of all recommended projects must be emerging talent:
they must already have produced, directed and/or written at least one short film (i.e. 30 minutes or less) but must not have produced, directed or written a feature length film (i.e. 75 minutes or more)
If you are applying to WAMP your application must include:
The entire telefilm application and related documents hosted on a micro-site including:
– a 3 – 5 minute video pitch
– a trailer of the project, if available
– a link to previous work, if available
– a written synopsis of the project including a description of the creative team’s vision
– a promotion and distribution plan for the project
– the timeline for production
– the total budget of the project broken down in four categories: development costs, production costs, postproduction costs, promotion and distribution costs
– the project’s financial structure
Applications are due January 10, 2017. Each eligible application will be reviewed by a jury and one project will be selected for recommendation to Telefilm Canada. Telefilm will then select which projects will be invited to apply. At which stage will need to apply as an incorporated company.